Re: [Debconf-team] Draft for blogpost in bits.debian.org about HP and the other sponsors

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 10:34:12AM +0100, Laura Arjona Reina wrote:
> I'm writing a blogpost to thank our new sponsors of DebConf15.
> Below you can find the text of the current status, but the
> always-updated version is in the bits.debian.org git repo:
>
> https://alioth.debian.org/plugins/scmgit/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=debbits/debbits.git;a=blob_plain;f=content/2015/more_sponsors_dc15.md;hb=HEAD
>
> (feel free to commit your reviews yourselves, or ping me to do it).
>
> I have some doubts, advice is very welcome:
>
> * Not sure if it's better to mention in this post only the 9 new
> non-platinum sponsors, (and publish today, maybe?) and write another
> blogpost for the platinum sponsor to be published later (on Monday? I
> can draft the other blog post too).

Another possibility would be to first mention the platinum sponsor, then
the CfP, then the other sponsors.  That adds a bit of separation between
them.

But then maybe a title is difficult, etc.?

> * The info about the platinum sponsors is taken from w.d.o/partners/.
> If we decide to write a separate blog post, any other info is welcome
> (some quote of the contact person in HP?)

I can try to provide that.

> * I'll complete the missing links ASAP, and write words about silver
> sponsors inline (same style as the first blog post about sponsors).

> * Agree to mention the names (and URLs) of infrastructure sponsors,
> organisational partners and media partners? or just link to the
> DebConf15 website? (or maybe a separate blog post some months later)?

I don't think we need to mention them right now, unless something
changed recently.

Michael