Re: Discussion: updating events page?

Hi there!

On Wed, 22 May 2013 13:07:55 +0200, Arne Wichmann wrote:
> begin  quotation  from Luca Capello (in <[🔎] sa761yigfo9.fsf@gismo.pca.it>):
>> On Fri, 10 May 2013 11:50:40 +0200, Arne Wichmann wrote:
>> > begin  quotation  from Luca Capello (in <[🔎] sa74necber2.fsf@gismo.pca.it>):

>> > I am quite aware of this. .ics might be created from a wiki page, too -
>> > even though I am not sre how at tha moment.
>> >
>> > Moreover a static page for dynamic content is not a good idea in my eyes.
>>
>> I do not see the Events pages as 'dynamic content': you organize
>> something, you announce it and it is added to those pages.  For
>> everything which is dynamic, there is the wiki, which is usually linked
>> From the Events page:
>
> Well, events pop up at some point in time and are over at another. Thist is
> dynamic in my eyes, even though it does not happen very fast.

This is where we disagree: in my eyes, once is there, the content does
not change and what is there is history.

> The point
> here is that the change is faster than our willingness to adapt the web
> page to it.

There are different factors other than willingness: time, first of all,
then the fact that events@d.o receives 1 useful email out of 99 spam and
finally also the fact that the Events team has to monitor way to many
locations.

>> > So, your option would be to leave the situation as it is? Or what is your
>> > proposal?
>>
>> I do not have any proposal and any improvement will be fine: I have
>> simply stated my opinion, at least to continue the discussion.
>
> Ok, an opinion it is. But given your voice change will not be possible at
> the moment as I do not see a consensus emerging. And the status quo is not
> acceptable to me.

My voice is 1 out of 10 from the Events team, and considering that I am
leaving the team it has even less weight.  As usual in Debian, power to
the people who do stuff.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca