Re: DPN 2013/03 frozen. Please review and translate.

On Sun, Feb 03, 2013 at 12:08:56PM +0100, Richard Hartmann wrote:
> > What is the point of writing something like that, especially in the way
> > you put it?
>
> Mainly as a general push/motivation thing. As you imply that what I
> wrote could be interpreted negatively, even with some more sleep it
> does not read that way to me and certainly wasn't meant negatively in
> any way.

Heya, I've met Richard at FOSDEM (while waiting for french^Wbelgian
fries at a kiosk :)) and discussed this live after this exchange, this
is a brief wrap-up for those following along. The main point here, on
which both myself and Richard agree, I think, is that the main point of
mentioning release advancement in DPN is motivating people to help. My
worry was mainly in the way the message was formulated "we're months
away from...". I think that it should rather be factual "this is what we
lack to release" and with very clear points how people could help. And
to achieve both that, and have a meaningful estimation, I think the only
way is asking the release team and working with them on the wording.

In the meantime, thanks for DPN, it rocks, ... as usual!
Debian Project Leader . . . . . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .