Re: DPN 2013/03 frozen. Please review and translate.

On Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 10:09 AM, Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> wrote:

> What is the point of writing something like that, especially in the way
> you put it?

Mainly as a general push/motivation thing. As you imply that what I
wrote could be interpreted negatively, even with some more sleep it
does not read that way to me and certainly wasn't meant negatively in
any way.

> Also, what is your base for the "months away" part? Did you
> speak with the release team about that or is that base only on
> speculation (surely based on some statistical inference on the RC bugs
> graph, but that has been shown to be wrong in the past already)? In the
> latter case, I don't think it would be wise to do so. YMMV. FWIW, I
> disagree with your time assessment.

It's based on the old numbers and their interpretation. I didn't talk
to RM and you are right that we should obviously check with them first
_if_ something like that is written. In the light of day, not
considering this first and everything later is stupid; sorry.

What's your guess based upon? I'd love to be proven wrong.

--
Richard