Re: Enlarging the Debian Planetarium

Hi buxy,

On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 03:44:12PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> https://wiki.debian.org/PlanetDebian#Planet_of_Debian_users
>
> Is that good enough ?

There's no "right" to be syndicated on such a planet, so please be civil,
respectful, otherwise your feed might get removed from the planet.

I'm happy to see a user planet following this criteria, but I'm wary about
potential blatant advertisement under debian.org namespaces.

My concern is having blog posts syndicated that, while being Debian related,
are clearly oriented at attracting readers to a certain commercial website.

I know the line between what'd be acceptable and what isn't is very blurry
and thin, so let's see what everyone thinks to make a clear statement on
this.

For example, if liw or joeyh mention branchable in the DD planet, for me
it's ok as they don't do it with an obvious intention of acquiring new
customers.

If a French Debian user wrote about a shop in Paris that offers Debian
installs on new PCs, that'd be ok. If the next week another reference to
this shop appeared in some other blogpost, then it'd start being a problem.

Jordi

jordi@sindominio.net     jordi@debian.org     http://www.sindominio.net/