Re: Discussion: updating events page?

begin  quotation  from Luca Capello (in <sa7hahudevw.fsf@gismo.pca.it>):
> On Wed, 22 May 2013 13:07:55 +0200, Arne Wichmann wrote:
> > begin  quotation  from Luca Capello (in <sa761yigfo9.fsf@gismo.pca.it>):

> >> I do not see the Events pages as 'dynamic content': you organize
> >> something, you announce it and it is added to those pages.  For
> >> everything which is dynamic, there is the wiki, which is usually linked
> >> From the Events page:

> > The point
> > here is that the change is faster than our willingness to adapt the web
> > page to it.
>
> There are different factors other than willingness: time, first of all,
> then the fact that events@d.o receives 1 useful email out of 99 spam and
> finally also the fact that the Events team has to monitor way to many
> locations.

This is part of willingness to me. In my case the missing willingness is to
cope with debian www pages.

> >> I do not have any proposal and any improvement will be fine: I have
> >> simply stated my opinion, at least to continue the discussion.
> >
> > Ok, an opinion it is. But given your voice change will not be possible at
> > the moment as I do not see a consensus emerging. And the status quo is not
> > acceptable to me.
>
> My voice is 1 out of 10 from the Events team, and considering that I am
> leaving the team it has even less weight.  As usual in Debian, power to
> the people who do stuff.

Ok, so I take this over and do it my way... ;-)

cu

AW
--
[...] If you don't want to be restricted, don't agree to it. If you are
coerced, comply as much as you must to protect yourself, just don't support