Re: Wheezy countdown banners

On Tue, 23 Apr 2013 11:06:31 -0700
Don Armstrong <don@debian.org> wrote:

> First off, sorry about the previous empty message; I didn't notice
> that my draft hadn't saved before sending it out.

No problem with that, but please remove me from the Cc, since I am
subscribed to the list :-)

> Assuming that you are willing to license the SVG files under a
> suitable free license, I would be willing to host them under
> http://bugs.debian.org/bugscan/countdown/ and generate the SVG files
> directly from the bugscan counts, and probably link the current
> countdown from www.debian.org/Bugs/. (I don't require the scripts, but
> providing them would also be nice.)

Argh, I forgot to specify the license for the work, right. I'll have
the banners licensed as CC-BY-SA and the scripts (which one may or may
not want/need) under AGPL. Fine with that? I'll update the repository
with the licensing info as soon as I can.

Be sure to check the readme.md file, since it may give some useful
pointers. I chose to sed/grep the file, since I wanted to avoid any
dependencies in deployment (of course, it may take a one-liner py/pl
to do this, if libraries are provided).

> The actual day countdowns are slightly less interesting from a BTS
> perspective, so I can't really say anything about them, but it
> certainly looks interesting.

Heh, they surely have their use in some places other than bugs.d.o :-)

Thanks for showing your interest in this, I hope you can make good use
of the banners!

--
. o .   Victor Nițu
. . o   debian.org.ro