Re: Debian Installer RC1 7.0 release announcement frozen. Please review and translate.

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 08:25:59PM +0100, Holger Wansing wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Francesca Ciceri <madamezou@zouish.org> wrote:
> > Thank you very much for the review and the translation!
> > I didn't know if the translation was ready to be published, so I didn't
> > add it to the website (as I did with the french one, for instance). Let
> > me know - for the next time - if you want me to publish the translation,
> > maybe adding a tag [ready]|[not-ready] on it (or hanging around in
> > #debian-publicity or #debian-www on IRC).
>
> I thought leaving the comment
> 	# Translation is in sync with english rev. 4639
> in the file (as I did with commit 4646) would have been enough.

Oh. Sorry, didn't notice that one.

> But nevertheless, lastminute changes are not to be kept up-to-date in time ...
> You asked for review on sunday, I answered on sunday, and last minute
> changes are pushed in on thursday 27 minutes before releasing...

Yes, I know the workflow isn't really smooth. I usually take care of
writing the first draft of the announcement, and then let the reviewers
do the commits with the fixes (mostly because I don't feel entitled to
decided on changes, as I'm not a native speaker).
Sometimes, checking just before sending it, I notice that fixes are not
applied, and do it myself (it's quite a rare occurence, as usually we
have at least Justin and Moray work on it -- thanks, guys!).

I don't expect (and no one else can, in a voluntary project) translators
to be on the spot 24/24, really. My mail was just to explain why I did
commit the French version but not the German one.
From now on, I'll try maybe to check the review at least a day before
publication, but it's not always possible (due to time constraints).

Then, as said, we could do much for improve our workflow, both in DPN and
other announcements: I don't know how much the current one is
sustainable in the long run.
Suggestions welcome!

Cheers,
Francesca

--
"On va rester motivé contre les dégueulasses"
Zebda, Motivés, Le chant des partisans