Re: Der Einfall der DebConf

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 06:03:06PM +0200, Ana Guerrero wrote:
> Because she's an experienced translator in Debian who is sharing her
> experience in how to make things better?

"Good" is not what I would say about the German translations of
software, for example Debconf templates, in Debian. I am a native
speaker of German, and all my Debian systems run with an "en" locale,
for a reason.

Unfortunately, the German translators (the people who invented pearls
like "SMTP-Sendezentrale"[1]) in Debian are fully convinced that
they're doing the right thing, so I have given up argueing.

"Der Einfall der DebConf" is really really embarrassing.

Greetings
Marc

[1] a Masterpiece which has a blazing 159 hits on a major search
    engine compared to 225000 for "smtp smart host"

Mannheim, Germany  |  lose things."    Winona Ryder | Fon: *49 621 31958061
Nordisch by Nature |  How to make an American Quilt | Fax: *49 621 31958062