Re: New paragraph on DPN: "Upcoming events"

On Sat, Jan 07, 2012 at 02:48:46PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 7, 2012 at 5:15 AM, Francesca Ciceri wrote:
>
> > The idea is to gather informations not only about big events (as, for
> > example, FOSDEM) but also talks in Universities or LUG/Hackerspaces,
> > workshops, bug squashing parties.
> > This paragraph is intendend like a series of highlights on the
> > www.debian.org/events page (which will remain the main official page about Debian
> > related events), and the hope is to convince people to notify us their events
> > more than now and create a sort of central archive of events which
> > could be of interest for debian users/developers.
>
> Is this intended to include non-Debian FLOSS-related events?

I don't know what you mean for non-Debian: if you mean
not-organized-by-Debian, my answer is yes.
But if you mean not-Debian-related, my answer is no.

And I define a Debian-related event as:

1. a talk about Debian or an affiliated project (as FreedomBox or Debian
Pure Blends)
2. a workshop on Debian (how to package, how Debian works, etc)
3. a bug squashin party (obviously squashing Debian bugs ;) )
4. an event in which there is a Debian booth

With regard to talks, training sessions and workshops, IMO also online
events are to be included.
So, events which directly or not promote discussion and learning about
Debian and related project, and which could be of interest of a Debian
user.

Cheers,
Francesca

--
"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,
but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint is more