New policy is not consensual

Hello,

On Sat, 15 Oct 2011, Debian Wiki wrote:
> The "ProjectNews/Guidelines" page has been changed by David Prévot:
> http://wiki.debian.org/ProjectNews/Guidelines?action=diff&rev1=12&rev2=13
>
> Comment:
> The DPN don't relay “give me your money” initiative. <[🔎] 4E8E2AA9.6000605@debian.org> <[🔎] j78a9o$f0n$1@dough.gmane.org>
>
>   means that when writing about an ongoing discussion, both points of
>   views should be reported.
>
> + == Policy ==
> +
> + The ProjectNews do not inform about fund raising initiative. Once a year, mentioning the possibility to sponsor Debian (e.g. via its DebConf event) is acceptable (but not mandatory).

I'm afraid there was no consensus in this decision.

While I'm not a very regular contributor to the DPN, I am a regular
contributor of the publicity team. Jeremiah is like me IIRC and Alexander
Reshetov is a regular contributor to the DPN. At least we feel part of the
team.

This kind of imposed-upon decision is highly annoying/demotivating (at
least for me) in particular when I tried to get some middle-ground that
could be accepted by all and that David has just simply ignored. He also
ignored my request to wait until we have the feedback of Alexander
Reichle-Schmehl who is the main contributor to the DPN.

I wonder what's the proper way to escalate this ?

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

liberate it: http://debian-handbook.info/go/ulule-rh/