Re: New policy is not consensual

Hi Raphaël,

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 11:33:55AM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> I'm afraid there was no consensus in this decision.
>
> While I'm not a very regular contributor to the DPN, I am a regular
> contributor of the publicity team. Jeremiah is like me IIRC and Alexander
> Reshetov is a regular contributor to the DPN. At least we feel part of the
> team.
>
> This kind of imposed-upon decision is highly annoying/demotivating (at
> least for me) in particular when I tried to get some middle-ground that
> could be accepted by all and that David has just simply ignored. He also
> ignored my request to wait until we have the feedback of Alexander
> Reichle-Schmehl who is the main contributor to the DPN.
>
> I wonder what's the proper way to escalate this ?

The DPN issue is not sent yet, of course that you, Jeremiah and
Alexander are members of the team, but the opinion is equally divided
(Francesca, David and me), so for my part I pledge to accept and respect
the decision taken by other members of the team (Alexander
Reichle-Schmehl, Meike Reichle, Paul Wise, etc.).

If at the end is not reached a clear decision, I believe should be the
main editor (Alexander Reichle-Schmehl) who show us the way forward in
relation with fund raising initiatives.

Do you agree with this?

Best Regards,
--
Fernando C. Estrada

"Besides, I think [Slackware] sounds better than 'Microsoft,' don't you?"
(By Patrick Volkerding)