Re: Fund raising advertisement on the DPN

Hi,

On Mon, 10 Oct 2011, David Prévot wrote:
> We (the Debian Project, I guess) must not do such thing: there are many
> ways to achieve freeness, and you didn't choose one the Debian project
> endorse for itself.

I don't think the Debian project endorses anything on the matter. The
Debian project is concerned about the result, not about how the free
work has been funded.

> Relaying a fund raising advertisement claiming otherwise, via the
> official Debian channels, is off-limits: no, our users don't need to pay
> one or two (or more) Debian Developers in order to have free content
> stuff.

I'm not claiming they have to pay, I would just like to inform them that
they can in order to achieve something that contributes to our goal of a
free software operating system.

Feel free to reword the entry so that it's more neutral and expresses
better this point of view.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer