Re: Debian installation disks for events

Hi,

> On Wed, 24 Aug 2011 11:17:20 +0200, MJ Ray wrote:
>> How would we suggest free event organisers try to get debian
>> installation CDs so that debian is available at their events?

as making CDs is very expensive and usually we've thrown away most of
them as they were not uptodate anymore before they were give out - I
don't think that we should provide CDs on the project's expenses. People
can download the images and burn them cheaply - or just come to a Debian
booth with an USB stick and we'll dump an installer onto it.

> Nevertheless, Debian has been distributing some of them starting from
> the Chemnitzer Linux-Tage 2011:
>
>   <http://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/87bp0rxlwq.fsf%40gismo.pca.it>
>
>   Thanks to the German LinuxUser magazine [12], an official 32-bit DVD-Rom
>   for Debian 6.0.0/squeeze was available for our beloved users: beside
>   being labeled with the SpaceFun artwork [13], the DVD-Rom was produced
>   with the environment in mind, given that it features the EcoDisc
>   technology [14] to reduce carbon footprint.

If magazines or companies would like to burn CDs for the project we
should be happy and take them, probably even including the magazine as
an advertisement.

Cheers,

Bernd

 GPG Fingerprints: ECA1 E3F2 8E11 2432 D485 DD95 EB36 171A 6FF9 435F