Re: TuxRadar choses Debian as the best Linux distribution of 2011

On Sun, 14 Aug 2011 21:36:48 -0300, Fernando C. Estrada <fcestrada@fcestrada.com> wrote:

>On Tue, Aug 09, 2011 at 12:32:22PM -0300, Marcelo Fiscella wrote:
>>Hi,
>>
>>There's an article that has been published by TuxRadar last week,
>>which evaluates 6 distributions in order to choose the best one.
>
>Hello,
>
>we already have this in our todo list. Thank you for your attention and
>notification.

Alexander, thank you for the feedback.

Before posting I browsed through the list archive to see if this had
been already posted, but I didn't see any post mentioning that
article
(http://lists.debian.org/debian-publicity/2011/08/threads.html).

The 12th issue (which includes the TuxRadar news) of the DPN will be
published soon so please be patient.

No problem, I've seen it covered in the Debian News RSS feed last week. Sorry if I sounded impatient -- I was just trying to apologize for posting duplicate information :)

[...]
BTW, is the todo list that you mentioned open to the public (for
example somewhere in the Debian wiki) or is it something that only
the Publicity Team can see?

Publicity team works in a Subversion repository to coordinate the work
and of course is public, please check this link [1] for more details
about how to contribute,

Great, that's good to know!

I've seen that in order to access the svn repository I need to create an Alioth account, which I did today. However, it seems that I can't check out the contents until becoming a member of at least one project.

maybe you want to join us as editor :-)

I certainly do!

Would it be OK to request to join the publicty project? That step is suggested in the Wiki for non-DDs, but I wouldn't like to do something which could be considered inappropriate.

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/ProjectNews/HowToContribute

Thanks a lot for your enthusiasm Marcelo :-)

Thank you Fernando for your time and patience!

Best regards,
Marcelo