Debian Events Package
Am 19.07.2011 23:38, schrieb Luca Capello:
> This will also means that I have created some new pages:
> Discussions should continue on this list, please simply reply to this
> email and change the subject. I will continue implementing the ideas
> there while discussing with people here :-)
Stuff I usually do with a Demo-Box:
* Create a Demo-User with all sudo-rights on everything.
* Install OpenOffice.org/LibreOffice.
* Get the presentation from
http://people.debian.org/~tolimar/debian-expo.odp ; it contains a makro,
which with you can run in endlessly.
* Install virtualbox and in it a babelbox.
* Install xpenguins and xpenguins-applet (often a good eyecatcher).
* Check, if local mirror works; I usually have a local mirror with me
on expos. If you have to show something to a visitor, you don't want
him to wait till you finished download a dozent packages via slow
conference lan ;)
Some random ideas of for improvement of the above:
* Is there a way to automate setting up the babelbox?
* Is there a way to enter the name of the conference and languages to
be displayed for the presentation without having to edit it?
* Is there a way to include (random) comments from the users of out
user list on the web?