Re: Need your help for DebConf: Please summarise your session

Hi there,

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 02:29:14PM +0200, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl wrote:

> I'm a member of Debian's Publicity Team and ask for your help for the
> coming Debian Conference.  At the past DebConf we sametimes faced the
> problem, that during a talk something got "announced accidentally" without
> proper announcement.  We'd like to prevent that for the coming conference
> and therefore contact you, as you registered a session titled
> "Multiarch in Debian: 6 months (or 6 years) on".

> You would do us a great service, if you could contact us in advance if you
> are going to announce anything (e.g. a freeze of the archive, policy
> changes, new cool features).  A small summary would be most welcome, as
> well as some contact data.

> Even if you don't think you are going to announce anything, feel free to
> contact us anyway.  Better save than sorry, and we might use your data for
> further dents / announcements / whatever.

I thought I would use this talk to announce:

 - dropping of support for new installations of i386 in favor of
   amd64+multiarch
 - upstart by default in Debian

Does that sound ok?

No, just kidding. ;-)

I will probably be doing a live demo of cross-building a Debian source
package using only mainline .deb packages (whether this can be done on
Debian or Ubuntu is not yet clear, it will probably depend on what happens
at DebCamp).  That, and multiarch in general, is a new, cool feature, so
perhaps that qualifies?