Re: new hardware support: calling for testing

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 10:52:32AM +0200, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl wrote:
> Hmmm... We already had that in the last issue of the DPN:
> http://www.debian.org/News/weekly/2011/09/#hwsupport  and I think we
> also dented about it.  Still worth an announcement on its own?

Right, it's probably not worth anymore (at least not for that version,
given Ben's follow-up). What I meant to highlight is just that, given
the importance of such testing for stable users of new kernel versions,
we might want to convey the corresponding announcements via debian-news.

For the -kernel people: keep in mind that we need your input to do that,
please mail us when you deem appropriate to have one such call for
testing.

Cheers.