Re: new hardware support: calling for testing

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 10:52:32AM +0200, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Am 16.06.2011 08:49, schrieb Stefano Zacchiroli:
>
> > If someone could draft a -news text out of [1], the -publicity team
> > could then push it forward. For -publicity, that announcement could also
> > be an occasion to let our users know the way new hw is supported in
> > Debian, for those who have memories of the "and a half" thingie. (I, for
> > one thing, get asked periodically about that.)
>
> Hmmm... We already had that in the last issue of the DPN:
> http://www.debian.org/News/weekly/2011/09/#hwsupport  and I think we
> also dented about it.  Still worth an announcement on its own?

Not right now.  We didn't get enough response in time for release 6.0.2,
so the 4 network drivers where I backported most changes will not be
updated in this release.

I'm intending to include those changes in an upload to s-p-u afterward
so there can be a long testing period before 6.0.3.  (However I'm still
not sure whether this is an acceptable risk in s-p-u.)  Any further call
for testing should refer to that version.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
                                                              - Albert Camus