Re: Debian Project News 2011/06 frozen. Please review and translate

Filipus Klutiero wrote:
> On 2011-04-16 12:21, David Prévot wrote:
>> Even though there has been some work in progress towards getting rid
>> of HAL (still used by
>> on kFreeBSD), Cyril Brulebois mentioned that <a
>> href="http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2011/03/msg01194.html";>\
>> it is stalled for now</a>.
>
> "there has been some work in progress" does not sound right to me.
> "there is some work in progress", maybe?

If it's stalled, it's not in progress.  But yes, this still seems
awkwardly phrased, and needs more work... maybe:

   Even though concerted efforts have been made towards getting rid
   of HAL (still used by xserver-xorg on kFreeBSD), Cyril Brulebois
   pointed out that it is currently stalled.

>> <code><a
>> href="http://packages.debian.org/network-manager";>network-manager</a></code>
>> be adopted</a> to this end, though this proposal has provoked a great many
>> objections, whether
>> rational</a> or <a
>> href="http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2011/04/msg00120.html";>\
>> less so</a>.
>
> I don't understand the link on "less so".

Do you mean that you don't understand what Lars was saying in that
message about the overheated nature of the debate?  Or you don't see
why the link refers to less rational objections?  Or maybe you're
hinting it's a bad idea to point fingers like this?

(I worry about that third point myself, but I can't think of a good
alternative way of demonstrating what the debate was like without
taking sides about which contributions were valuable...)

>> As a side note, J&ouml;rg added that during the meeting Ansgar
>> Burchardt was
>> promoted to FTP Assistant: congratulations, Ansgar!
>
> "promote" is strange here. I suggest:

It's strange unless he was previously a lowly FTP janitor or
something.

>> As a side note, Ansgar Burchardt started to serve as an FTP
>> Assistant during the meeting; thank you, Ansgar!

Did he?  It seems unlikely that he started performing any of his new
duties until *after* the meeting.  So maybe
   As a side note, Jörg added that during the meeting Ansgar Burchardt was
   appointed to the post of FTP Assistant; congratulations, Ansgar!

>> Debian XFS News.
>
> X11 is no FileSystem!

Oops, yes, well spotted.  The newsletter's not about the old X
FontServer, either.  Probably it should be expanded as X Strike Force.