Re: blog.debian.org - technical planning

On Sun, Nov 07, 2010 at 10:19:04PM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > My only extra requirement would be to make it very easy for other DDs to
> > propose draft blog post, which get posted after approval by the main
>
> No need for that, just publish on your own blog and thanks to the plugin
> above, we can easily import it on blog.debian.org!

While the plugin might be nice, I don't think it will make the stated
requirement moot at all: not everybody out there has a blog, and if we
have blog.d.o, I think we should make easy to propose post for it also
to DDs who don't have a blog.  Additionally, requiring that people post
directly elsewhere to get "syndicated" via blog.d.o removes quite some
of the benefits of the review process that blog.d.o editors can enable.

It might work well for some work-flows (e.g. posting on your personal
blog and then posting elsewhere for more visibility), but it does not
address the need I had in mind, i.e. that of reducing post contribution
barriers.

Cheers.

ti resta John Fante -- V. Caposella .......| ..: |.......... -- C. Adams