Re: blog.debian.org - technical planning

Hi,

On Sat, 06 Nov 2010, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> Talking with Ana, she wouldn't like that and (IIRC!) would prefer to
> have a more standard blog engine a-la wordpress and, apparently, has
> already had an agreement with DSA, as long as others do the
> administration of the app. (Ana: please correct me if I don't remember
> correctly, I'm digging in my memory from DebConf10, shame on me for not
> posting this before!)  I'm very much for do-ocracy, so if Ana or anyone
> else is up to administering a wordpress (or equivalent) running at
> blog.d.o, by all means I'm fine with that.

I would be happy to go with Wordpress as well. I was only missing a plugin
to easily import posts from other RSS feeds so that it's easy to
republish posts from personal blogs of DD who would like to contribute
to blog.debian.org.

I found such a plugin yesterday:
http://feedwordpress.radgeek.com/

So count me in to help as well.

> My only extra requirement would be to make it very easy for other DDs to
> propose draft blog post, which get posted after approval by the main
> editor of blog.d.o. Ideally, it would be nice if any DD can have an
> automatic (or very easy to get) account on blog.d.o, work in the real
> authoring interface of the blog engine, and then "submit for review" the
> post. That way we would both encourage participation and reduce
> bottlenecks.

No need for that, just publish on your own blog and thanks to the plugin
above, we can easily import it on blog.debian.org!

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer ◈ [Flattr=20693]

                      ▶ http://RaphaelHertzog.fr (Français)