Re: review for public announce about Mini-Debconf Paris 2010

On 12218 March 1977, Carl Chenet wrote:
>> If you want to, we can setup a mini.debconf.org site too.
>> That would be fr2010.mini.debconf.org (if we get multiple per year in
>> one country we have to adjust that, but for now its that :) ), as well
>> as mini.debconf.org/fr2010 pointing there. You can also have mail in
>> that fr2010 subdomain, like a teammailbox if you want. And, if this is
>> a recurring thing, a lists.debconf.org list, should you need one.

>> Your website would be stored in debconf-data svn, check alioth if you
>> want to see examples, like
>> https://alioth.debian.org/scm/viewvc.php/in2010.mini/?root=debconf-data

> That would be great to have a mini.debconf.org site (and I hope this
> event will become a recurring thing but we'll see that after the first
> one).

Ok. There it is. fr2010.mini.debconf.org, as well as
mini.debconf.org/france going there. An initial commit to the website
has been done by me, simply copying the contents of
www.debconf.org. Adjust as needed, please keep the permanent sponsors
mentioned somewhere, as its their sponsoring where this is all running
on. :)

If you dont have alioth access yet to debconf-data (most likely), use
the form on alioth to request joining it and I will approve it. If that
happens to be from someone thats not currently listed under helpers
under your (now old :) ) wiki page, please tell me before, so I expect
it and wont reject for "unknown, WTF is this?" :)

There is currently no mail handling for this subdomain. Should you want
a team@fr2010.mini.debconf.org go to somewhere sensible - tell me where
this sensible is and you get a forwarding (plus an archive mbox on
.debconf.org host)

Ah, the host does not generally offer php. Instead there is some SSI foo
available, see the committed example page or any of the previous
debconfs (8 til 10) on clue how to use it :)
Should you really need more come up with good reasons what for.

No idea how big you want this event to turn out in the end - if there is
more than a handful of talks and speakers and attendees we can start
thinking of giving you pentabarf access too. This will be less priority
than the main DebConf, but otherwise possible.
But its much more maintenance, so for anything below like a dozen talks
isnt worth the trouble.

--
bye, Joerg
[http://www.youam.net/stuff/info...-hosting.de/server-info.php]