Re: "debian" identi.ca account

Hi,

On Mon, 02 Aug 2010, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> If someone is willing to do that on behalf of Debian, to post notices of
> interesting Debian activities, just let me know and I'll be happy to
> hand over the control of the account.

I would be interested in helping out there. But we really need some
infrastructure first. Sharing the credentials is certainly not going to
scale well.

We also need a policy of what's acceptable to tweet/dent. Also can this
account retweet good debian-related tweets of other people?

Twitter has lots of associated services like CoTweet to make it easy to
manage a single account by multiple people but I don't know whether that
exists for StatusNet/identi.ca. It would be nice to find something usable
for us.

For a start, I suggest to have only 2-3 persons sharing the credentials
but actively pushing good tweets suggested by others on #debian-publicity.

Then if this goes forward, I think we should get it synced to the @debian
twitter account which I find sub-optimal with its heavy automated
debian-news.net posting that mainly forwards stuff from
debian-devel-announce and other announce lists.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer ◈ [Flattr=20693]

                      ▶ http://RaphaelHertzog.fr (Français)