Re: "debian" identi.ca account

On Sat, Aug 07, 2010 at 11:56:14PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> I would be interested in helping out there. But we really need some
> infrastructure first. Sharing the credentials is certainly not going to
> scale well.

I agree on this and on the rest of your post. Starting up with a bunch
of people that coordinate via #debian-publicity seems the most
reasonable / low footprint way to start using the account. FWIW I've
just joined #debian-publicity and I plan to stay around there.

> We also need a policy of what's acceptable to tweet/dent. Also can
> this account retweet good debian-related tweets of other people?

I'd say so. For me this is yet another identi.ca account, it just
happens that the owner is a project and not an individual.

> For a start, I suggest to have only 2-3 persons sharing the
> credentials but actively pushing good tweets suggested by others on
> #debian-publicity.

So, ATM the credentials are known to me and Tolimar. Whoever else want
to be on board can mail me in private; to keep the initial test period
manageable, I wouldn't like to add more than 2 more people. After the
initial test period, we can set on a more manageable infrastructure.

> Then if this goes forward, I think we should get it synced to the
> @debian twitter account which I find sub-optimal with its heavy
> automated debian-news.net posting that mainly forwards stuff from
> debian-devel-announce and other announce lists.

I totally agree. In fact, I don't think we should post directly anything
on Twitter; rather I believe we should post directly only to identi.ca
and possibly setting up forwarding from there to Twitter.

Damog, are you interested in / have time for doing this kind of
migration from Twitter to identi.ca?

Cheers.