Re: "debian" identi.ca account

On Aug 7, 2010, at 17:56, Raphael Hertzog wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 02 Aug 2010, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
>> If someone is willing to do that on behalf of Debian, to post notices of
>> interesting Debian activities, just let me know and I'll be happy to
>> hand over the control of the account.
>
> I would be interested in helping out there. But we really need some
> infrastructure first. Sharing the credentials is certainly not going to
> scale well.
>
> We also need a policy of what's acceptable to tweet/dent. Also can this
> account retweet good debian-related tweets of other people?

I would think re-tweeting would be a natural fit. I mean, if debian trusts the tweeter's judgement to tweet, it ought to trust the tweeter's judgement to re-tweet.

> Twitter has lots of associated services like CoTweet to make it easy to
> manage a single account by multiple people but I don't know whether that
> exists for StatusNet/identi.ca. It would be nice to find something usable
> for us.

Status Net seem to be building out the various tools that use identi.ca's services. Perhaps we can ask them if they have something suitable?

> For a start, I suggest to have only 2-3 persons sharing the credentials
> but actively pushing good tweets suggested by others on #debian-publicity.

Makes sense.

Jeremiah