Re: Guidance needed for Italian Debian/Ubuntu mini-conference press-announce

On Thu, Sep 02, 2010 at 04:56:34PM +0200, Luca Bruno wrote:
> Subj: Italian Debian Community Conference 2010 - 17th-19th September, Perugia (PG - Italy)
>
> The Debian Project, the team behind the free Debian operating system,
> is pleased to announce that the 2010 Italian Debian/Ubuntu Community
> Conference (briefly DUCC-IT '10)[1] will take place on the 17th, 18th
> and 19th of September in Perugia. This year's conference will be
> organized in collaboration with the local Italian Ubuntu team [2],
> unifying the traditional Italian Ubuntu Metting and Debian Community
> Conference, in order to bring together both communities and improve
> cross-distribution collaboration.
> The event will be also an opportunity to enjoy the annual Software
> Freedom Day[3], which will be contemporaneously celebrated in Perugia
> too[4].

Here's a different proposal of incipit, trying to encompass the past
history of the conference:

  Subject: Italian Debian Community Conference at Software Freedom Day 2010

  The Debian Project and the Debian Italian community are pleased to
  announce that the 5th edition of the Debian Italian community
  conference will take place from the 17th to the 19th of September in
  Perugia, Italy. For the first time, the conference has been organized
  in association with the Italian Ubuntu community [2], joining efforts
  with the traditional Italian Ubuntu Meeting. For the occasion the
  conference has been renamed to "Italian Debian/Ubuntu Community
  Conference" [1] (DUCC-IT'10 for short) and will focus on bringing
  together both communities and improving cross-distribution
  collaboration. Users, contributors, and enthusiasts of Debian, Ubuntu,
  and any other Debian-based distribution are invited to attend. The
  event will also be an opportunity to celebrate the annual Software
  Freedom Day[3] in Italy, which will be co-located in the city of
  Perugia.

[ no further comments on the rest ]

Thanks for the draft!
Cheers.

ti resta John Fante -- V. Caposella .......| ..: |.......... -- C. Adams