Re: Guidance needed for Italian Debian/Ubuntu mini-conference press-announce

Some English-checking.

Luca Bruno wrote:
> Subj: Italian Debian Community Conference 2010 - 17th-19th September, Perugia (PG - Italy)
>
> The Debian Project, the team behind the free Debian operating system,
> is pleased to announce that the 2010 Italian Debian/Ubuntu Community
> Conference (briefly DUCC-IT '10)[1] will take place on the 17th, 18th
             (DUCC-IT '10 for short)

"Briefly" would be more likely to mean it wasn't called that for
long!

> and 19th of September in Perugia. This year's conference will be

en_US styleguides usually recommend "on 17, 18, and 19 September",
but people rarely seem to follow this advice... I won't bother
enforcing "serial comma", either.

> organized in collaboration with the local Italian Ubuntu team [2],
> unifying the traditional Italian Ubuntu Metting and Debian Community
                                          Meeting

(Ubuntu is old enough to have "traditions", now?  Well, I suppose it
would only confuse matters to talk about "conventions"...)

> Conference, in order to bring together both communities and improve
> cross-distribution collaboration.
> The event will be also an opportunity to enjoy the annual Software
> Freedom Day[3], which will be contemporaneously celebrated in Perugia
> too[4].

"Contemporaneous" is a bit obscure.  I'd suggest:

                  which will be celebrated in Perugia at the same time[4].

> The conference will see the prominent participation of the current
> Debian Project Leader, Stefano Zacchiroli, and some members of both
> Debian-women[5] and Ubuntu-women[6] teams, as to particularly enlighten

What were you going for?  I'd suggest:     , explaining the benefits[...]

> what are the benefits of a wider collaboration scheme, and how we
> encourage a more heterogeneous and balanced environment.
>
> Scheduled events currently include some major technical tracks, aimed
> toward new contributors, and practical sessions on Saturday, as well as
> social launches, a key-signing party[7] and a round table discussion
> about female participation in the Italian free software panorama[8] on

Replace "panorama" with... "world"?  ("Landscape"?  "Environment"?)

> the other days. More information and logistic details are available on
> the Debian wiki[9], or directly on the conference website[10].

"Logistic" as an adjective means "pertaining to symbolic logic or
mathematical logistics"; try "logistical details".
--
JBR - and today's single word in West Greenlandic is:
                  Ininnukalaarniarlungaana
Stefano Zacchiroli scrisse:

> > [Please CC: me in reply, I'm not subscribed]
> Ping on this. I've just noticed that some "non official" announcements
> are starting to circulate. That is good!, but it would be nice to
> complement them with an official announcement.

Oh, yep sorry, we've sent firstly Italian announces and "how to get
there" messages, as we're already quite late.
As the event is scheduled in two weeks, I'd kindly ask if the press
and publicity teams could please review and publish the announce drafted
here below.
TIA, Luca

----8<---8<----

[1] http://deb.li/duccit10
[2] http://www.ubuntu-it.org/
[3] http://softwarefreedomday.org/
[4] http://www.fsugitalia.org/eventi/doku.php?id=sfd:sfd10

[5] http://women.debian.org
[6] http://ubuntu-women.org/

[7] http://www.fsugitalia.org/eventi/doku.php?id=duccit10:ksp
[8] http://www.fsugitalia.org/eventi/doku.php?id=duccit10:women
[9] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianItalia/MiniDebconf2010
[10] http://www.fsugitalia.org/eventi/doku.php?id=duccit10

--
 .''`.  ** Debian GNU/Linux **  | Luca Bruno (kaeso)
: :'  :   The Universal O.S.    | lucab (AT) debian.org