Re: review for public announce about Mini-Debconf Paris 2010

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 09:56:55PM +0200, Carl Chenet wrote:
> I'd would be great if my announce about Mini-Debconf Paris 2010 could be
> reviewed before posting it d-d-a@l.d.o. and possibly in other public
> places. Any advice is welcomed.

Hey Carl, thanks for drafting this and sorry for the delay (I was on
vac-ish). Xavier also contacted me a few days ago asking advice on the
best way to advertise the event, and I agree that doing that via
debian-news is the best way (of course in addition to individual blog
posts).

I think the announcement should be sent out in French too, I'm not sure
how did you plan to do that. I see two options: sending out a dual
french/english -news item or using the usual translation mechanism of
-news.

> The Debian France association organizes the first Mini-Debconf Paris.
> This event will greet everyone with an interest in the Debian project
> for a series of talks and workshops about Debian. Allowing Debian users,
> contributors and developers to meet each other is also one of the main
> goals of this event. We especially are looking forward to meeting Debian
> developers available worldwide ;)

A comment on the language which will be used at the event would be
appropriate here. Something like "most of the talk will be in French,
but you're welcome to submit talk proposals in English", or something
like that.

> The Mini-Debconf Paris 2010 will be held at the René Diderot
> University, Paris, France the October 30th and 31th.

As the name of the university, please use "Université Paris Diderot -
Paris 7" (which is the official name of the university).

> Carl
> on behalf of the team

It would be nice to have a final "thank you" paragraph to the sponsors,
although I know not all sponsors are defined yet and you're working on
it (thanks!). We do know some of the sponsors however, and I believe
they should be listed, I propose something like the following:

  The event wouldn't have been possible without the support of generous
  sponsors of money and other needed facilities. We hereby thank:
  Université Paris Diderot - Paris 7 (for offering the venues), FILL
  THIS IN. If you are interested in the event and would like to support
  it you can do that by either donating to Debian (OR REPLACE W/ DEBIAN
  FRANCE IF APPROPRIATE) at URL or by contacting me for other kind of
  support.

  [ written in a hurry, but I'm sure you got the idea :-) ]

Thanks for the organization to all involved people!
Cheers.

ti resta John Fante -- V. Caposella .......| ..: |.......... -- C. Adams