Re: "debian" identi.ca account

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 2:46 PM, Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> wrote:
Well, I'd rather give a direct link rather than a link to an intermediary
site that only collect news and add google ads and some syndicated links.
At least on an official account managed by Debian.

Yes. However, I also don't see anything wrong with people spending some of their time on a way to support something they like and *try* to get some sort of monetary compensation back. But, that's not the point of discussion anyway.

> > Damog, are you interested in / have time for doing this kind of
> > migration from Twitter to identi.ca?
>
> Sure. I actually brought the service that I had developed[1] down because
> basically nobody cared :) I offer myself to re-implement it again to use
> Identica and only a few GPG keys, if folks believe that's the best way to
> proceed.

Great! It would be a good start I think.

If you have even more energy, I imagine that the ideal solution would be
to have submission of tweets by all DD/DM and that the people managing the
account just have to approve them (or reject them). And the system would
keep a log so that we can verify who wrote/approved/rejected the tweets.

That's actually a much better idea, yes. This also adds flexibility to add new microblogging services to support. I'll work on it and will get back to you.

--
http://twitter.com/damogzito
http://stereonaut.net/

New York: 917 715 5664