Re: Debian project news

On Mar 24, 2010, at 2:52 PM, Alejandro Rios wrote:

> Hi
>
> About MiniDebConf in Panama, I wrote a couple of lines on my blog [1], that is syndicated at planet.d.o. However, I'm a non-native english writter, so If someone else can use it to make a note, I'd appreciate it.

Here is my write-up of your blog posts. A quick note - you write excellent English so I didn't change very much.

---

MiniDebConf in Panama

	More than 50 people participated recently in a MiniDebConf in Panama. Starting March 20th, and lasting two full days, the MiniDebConf touched on a variety of subjects in Debian with the participants sharing their experiences around both Debian and Free Software. As Alejandro Rios said: "All this is possible to several sponsors from Panama and SPI, and the hard work from many people, specially Anto Recio, Mauro Rosero, Carolina Flores, Gunnar Wolf and the local team." [0] SPI is Software in the Public Interest, [1] a non-profit organization which was founded to help organizations develop and distribute open hardware and software.

	The MiniDebConf got quite technical, some of the subjects they covered were: packaging, Debian's Bug Tracking System, the Linux Kernel, pbuilder and quilt. There was also time for some socializing as there was a visit to the Panama Canal as well as a group photo and apparently some people even gathered to drink beer. Sounds to me like a successful MiniDebConf. More info at Alejandro's blog.

0. http://alerios-en.blogspot.com/
1. http://www.spi-inc.org/

---

Jeremiah