Re: Google AdSense for Debian

On Thu, Feb 04, 2010 at 08:39:28AM +0100, Adrian von Bidder wrote:
> On Thursday 04 February 2010 01.43:23 Paul Wise wrote:
> [...]
> > I'd like to suggest this thread be moved to debian-project to get some
> > input from a larger part of Debian.

I've a voucher too, and I'd be happy to offer it for Debian promotion.

Regarding the -project discussion, it seems to me that we still need the
information that Adrian asked, and the main outcome of the discussion
should be that information, then individual DDs can uniformly use them
(or not: it is their individual decision, at last).

Let me try to provide some of that info.

> I'll need
>  * a title (2 or 3 words perhaps)

"The Debian operating system"

>  * a text (5 to 10 words)

I believe -publicity would be the best list to suggest something :-), or
maybe press@d.o (added in Cc).  Still, if I were gunpointed to suggest
something, I would go for something along the line of:

"Debian: building the best free operating system since 1993"
"Join Debian, the best free operating system"

>  * what URL to point to

These are from the official website:

- http://www.debian.org/intro/help
- http://www.debian.org/devel/join/

However, I happen to remember that there was a similar page on the wiki,
a bit more "up to date", but I can't find one, is my memory b0rken?

>  * Keywords when the ad should show.

"debian"
"linux"
"free software"