Re: Draft for lenny release announcement

Quoting Alexander Reichle-Schmehl (alexander@schmehl.info):

> Especially the second and third paragraphs need a better replacement; maybe
> the d-i or cd folks have a good idea about that?

Let's try to get ideas for the D-I paragraph.

> <!-- p>Using a now fully integrated installation process, Debian GNU/Linux 5.0
> comes with out-of-the-box support for encrypted partitions.  This
> release introduces a newly developed graphical front end to the
> installation system supporting scripts using composed characters and
> complex languages; the installation system for Debian GNU/Linux has now
> been translated to 58 languages.</p -->

So, for Etch, we were putting light on encrypted partitions and
graphical installer.

What do we want to talk about in more details ?

From our release announcements, the most noteworthy improvements were:

Beta 1:
- support for more than 1 CD/DVD (was a "regression" in Etch)
- NTP clock sync
- support for volatile
- support for installs from Windows
- SATA RAID support

Beta 2:
- friendlier boot menu on i386/amd64 (graphical installer more
visible)
- improvements to the language/country selection

RC1:
- support for Live CD
- firmware loading during install
- early upgrade of packages wrt security (before booting the installed
system)
- support for MMC/SD cards as removable media during the install

RC2:
<none> (none noteworthy enough, I mean)

I'd personnaly vote for putting 3 of these in light:
- early upgrade security-wise
- firmware loading from removable media
- Live CD

...and maybe keep the l10n sentence by replacing 58 by 63...:-)