Re: [Debconf-team] RFC: 1st DRAFT DC8 press release

also sprach Alexander Reichle-Schmehl <alexander@schmehl.info> [2008.08.06.0940 -0300]:
> > Last year's press release also said "developer" but I am happy
> > to drop that.
>
> No strong feelings about it; just thought that it had been
> discussed... uhm... three years ago?  But if you decided otherwise
> in the meantime.

I missed that decision and have since removed "developer".

> I just fear, that some might be confused when reading about 100
> events, look at the list and well - the list just looks to short
> to be 100.  You don't even need to count :(

I am trying to get that fixed, obviously.

> > Steve McIntyre, our leader? Mark Shuttleworth, although he is not
> > Debian and I don't think he deserves press coverage for what he
> > does, but that's my personal opinion and I will bend to pressure.
>
> What about Steve and Bdale (with his nice title from HP)?

If you think it helps... done now.

> Just heard you have keynotes, and thought that they should be by
> definition of interesting?

I don't think they're interesting. I think they're actually
controversial, especially the one by Mark. I'd prefer to just leave
them unmentioned. Having keynotes at a conference is nothing ground
breaking. If we announce it as new, they'll wonder what we've been
doing the previous years.

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@debconf.org>
: :'  :  DebConf orga team; press officer

during the voyage of life, remember to keep an eye out for a fair
wind; batten down during a storm; hail all passing ships; and fly your
colours proudly!