Re: DWN/DPN: out of sync

Yeah, I noticed this as well.  Perhaps we need some sort of process
laid out for how the DPN becomes published while we are using the
Debian Wiki before we (if we) move over to the http://dpn.debian.net/
site that Martin setup.

I imagine the steps to send out the DPN would be something like:
1. Add "do not change" header to the
http://wiki.debian.org/ProjectNews/Issues/Current
2. Create a new page with the appropriate archive name ie
http://wiki.debian.org/ProjectNews/Issues/2008/02
3. Copy and paste issue into the new page
4. Empty out the current issue page so it is ready for new content and
maintains the editors mailing list.
5. Update http://wiki.debian.org/ProjectNews/Issues/ to have a
reference to the newly created issue (in this case 2008/02)
6. Adjust formatting accordingly and publish to
http://www.debian.org/News/weekly/
7. Adjust formatting again and publish to debian-news

Perhaps Alexander, who I believe published the first issue, could
add/edit this process to describe how this can be done most
effectively and it can be added to http://wiki.debian.org/ProjectNews
It seems like there is quite a lot of adjusting the formatting that is
necessary, are there any tools to minimize this?

Two underlying question is when is the issue READY to be released and
WHO does all this?  This is one place where either one or two chief
editors might help us with who should be publishing the DPN and the
system that Martin has developed at http://dpn.debian.net/ where
people can review and sign off on particular articles would help
specify when articles are ready.

Jeff

--
Jeff Richards