Bits from the new ftp-master

Howdy!

This is really a follow-up to the thread Andre has started.  In light of
Joerg's blog posting, I think it would now be a good idea to mention this
in project news.

+++
= Debian core teams extended =

In his last hours as project leader, Sam Hocevar
[http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2008/04/msg00007.html added
Joerg Jaspert to both the Debian Account Managers and the FTP-Masters
team].

Joerg immedeiately set to work and
[http://blog.ganneff.de/blog/2008/04/22/ftpmaster.html announced] a number
of changes to the archive software as well as outlining some more TODO
items, adding a call for help for those tasks that do not require special
privileges.

Together with the recent [LINK NEEDED creation] of 19 new Debian Developer
accounts, this delegation helps to address
[http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/blog/?p=286 doubts] about Debian's readiness
to accept new contributors.
+++

Something like that.  Insiders will of course know more, but I think this
should show people who have seen Lucas' blog post on linuxtoday or wherever
but are not otherwise informed about Debian that while the doubts are not
taken out of thin air, they are being addressed.

[not subscribed, cc:s appreciated]

cheers
-- vbi
(and huge thanks to Tolimar for resurrecting the DWN idea!)

--
OpenPGP encrypted mail welcome - my key: http://fortytwo.ch/gpg/92082481