Based on Debian: ArtistX and Powua

Hi, I'm Marco Ghirlanda, proudly using Debian for more about 8 years, and following the request on Distrowatch to submit on this list any project made on the Debian base I write you about my two (cents):

ArtistX www.artistx.org - ArtistX is a free live GNU/Linux DVD which turns a computer into a full multimedia production studio. It is based on Debian GNU/Linux and contains nearly all the available free audio, 2D and 3D graphics, and video software for the GNU/Linux computing platform. It doesn't need to be installed, and boots directly into a running system without touching hard drives. The files produced with ArtistX can be easily stored on USB devices or CD/DVD medium while it is running. If you want to install it please take a look to our documentation to the ArtistX Installation Manual (Live DVD section). ArtistX 0.4 is ready for download. Now comes in two flavours (Gnome and KDE) and both include the Powua Client and Powua Tutorials. Powua is the Super Internet Computer and has been created to speed up CPU-intensive tasks. For example you can realize an animation with Blender and directly from ArtistX upload and render it on Powua (more info on the Powua Wiki and in the DVD). Please write to beta@powua.com This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need _javascript_ enabled to view it to get your free credits before reserving your session. ArtistX is based on the Debian Live Initiative (http://debian-live.alioth.debian.org/) and includes the 2.6.22 Kernel, Gnome 2.20 , KDE 3.5.7 (both versions ship with both Desktop Environments ) and includes about 2500 free multimedia software, nearly everything that exists for the GNU/Linux environment.

Powua www.powua.com - Powua is a super computer consisting of many processors that work simultaneously to generate a high computing power, which users can access from wherever they are, directly on their computer, through a simple Internet connection. If you want to try Powua please ask to beta@powua.com your free Powua Code. Powua was created to allow anyone who so wishes to save time by processing information and realizing their projects more quickly, so opening the way to new possibilities. If your preferred software is supported, you can start using it immediately in Powua and speed up all those processes that would otherwise occupy your processor for a long time. Powua subdivides your operation and distributes it to many processors simultaneously, so as to reduce your waiting times and give your work an edge over the rest.
  1. The user can request an invitation to try the Powua service for free with a certain number of Powua credits by emailing us at beta@powua.com. In our reply email, you will find a link and a Powua Code. To accept the invitation, the user must follow the link (subscribe) and writing his/her personal information and the Powua Code in the correct form fields. If you forget to add the code during subscription, it is still possible to use the Powua Code later at the My Powua page.
  2. After having subscribed the user receives a confirmation email (at the email address added during registration) which contains an activation code of the Powua account and a link to the Terms and Conditions.
  3. After login in on the page www.powua.com/my/login the user may reserve the Powua Service in the calendar using the Powua credits received.
  4. The user may upload and download files from her/his personal storage up to 5 days before and after the reserved period. When the storage area is active, the user may upload and download files without any limits. At the end of the entire 10 days the data in the storage area will be deleted. During Beta, the storage area has a full capacity of 3 Gigabytes.
  5. At the end of the Powua session, all data not saved in the storage area will be deleted. When your session is nearing the end, it is necessary to save your personal data.
  6. To connect to the Supercomputer and do the upload/download of her/his personal files the user may use the Powua Client software (http://www.powua.com/downloads/all) or other methods like scp, sftp etc.).
  7. All the connection for the upload and download of our users files are made sure using the security protocol SSL.
  8. In the page www.powua.com/my/powua the user can see the story of the last orders ordered by the date of reservation, the number of cores, remaining credits and the promotional code received.
Especially for Powua, we need testing & feedback and maximum diffusion (especially in Science-related environments).

Feel free to ask ANY question,

Marco Ghirlanda