Submissions for DebConf8 wanted

Hi,

this is a draft of a post which should end up on times.debian.net and
elsewhere. Please give feedback, as I'm much too tired to think and write
clearly...

The links to the wiki pages will need to be fixed as the new wiki.debconf.org
replaces wiki.debian.org...

regards,
	Holger

Hi,

future DebConfs should be even better prepared than they are now, thats why we
(debconf-team) decided to plan DebConfs for two years in advance from now.

And to achieve this, we need to plan once for one and a half years in advance
(this means deciding around new year 2007 about DebConf8), so that at
DebConf7 in Edinburgh, we can decide about DebConf9 - and thus, two years in
advance :-)

So at the last debconf-team meeting we came up with the following timeline:

Submissions until December 31st 2006
Clarification-Phase: until January 31st 2007
Decission: February, the 8th 2007

This means: until December 31st we want to see submissions from the cities.
You need to create http://wiki.debian.org/DebConf8/YourCity and answer the
questions from http://wiki.debian.org/DebConfLocationCheckList and
http://wiki.debian.org/DebConfPriorityList there (in your page).

Until January the 31st 2007 we will ask you for details and further
information, which you should answer on your wiki-page.

Then, on February the 8th, we will have team-meeting on IRC to make the
decission according to the criteria we used for the Debconf7-decission.
(###cant find the wiki page atm :(###)

Right now, http://wiki.debian.org/DebConf8 already has some proposals, but
nothing specific.

So please go on and create http://wiki.debian.org/DebConf8/YourCityOrCountry.

See you at a DebConf near your $home! :-)

regards,
	Holger

P.S.: And off course, you can also start planning for DebConf9 now ;-)