Re: Proposal for public announcement for the next release update

also sprach Martin Schulze <joey@infodrom.org> [2006.07.24.1520 +0100]:
> > First, I think the release team has the right to send out texts
> > to debian-news on his own. Why didn't you approve our mail? I'm
> > considering to ask the mailing list admins to give us direct
> > permissions to post to that list.
>
> I don't think so.  I didn't think the mail was suitable for the
> list as is, which is why I took the liberty to start from scratch
> and phrase it properly (imho) based on the detailed mail and
> information Marc sent to the -devel-announce list before

Well, you fared pretty badly, IMHO.

> I would have, if you and Marc wouldn't have whined so much before and
> gotton onto my nerves.

We're dealing with the public representation of our project here,
not with personal issues, or your nerves.

> The input was taken from the announcement sent to -devel-announce.  If
> that should be wrong, I wonder why it has been sent there before.

-d-announce and -announce are two different reader audiences. You
can't take one and just pipe it through to the other.

Whoever wants to push opening access to the -announce (and -news)
mailing lists has my vote. The current situation, in which Joey is
solely responsible and freely decides how to deal with the pressure
is, IMHO, unacceptable for a project of our size. I suggest we
appoint a team that can send announcements, and use the -publicity
mailing list for the preparation and coordination.

`. `'`

there's an old proverb that says just about whatever you want it to.