Re: Intro WWW pages

Hmm. the person that wrote the following has no attribution in the mail
I'm responding to.

> > One of the biggest publicity items for Debian is it's website, however
> > the very important /intro/ section seems less than complete to me.  I
> > intend to help out in this area and I wanted to see if there are others
> > that would like to help as well and discuss some ideas.
> >
> > First, the /intro pages seem like a good place to summarize the project
> > and how it works.  The "Reasons to Choose Debian" is a nice list but I
> > feel the top three or four items should be chosen to Frame the discussion.

The place to discuss the web site is on debian-www.

Before people jump into details, any reorganization needs to start by
looking at the big picture. We need to look at how typical users use the
site and make sure we serve them. IMO, that means newbies, people with
linux/unix experience and developers.

Much of the same goes for the intro section. There is a lot of material
there (and more that can be added). If the organization is not well
thought out in advance, it is unlikely to be an improvement on what is
already there.

--
James (Jay) Treacy
treacy@debian.org