- To: mcppala <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Subject: Unidentified subject!
- From: "Technical Support" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 08:18:50 +0800
- Message-id: <[🔎] 200001180018.IAA09853@jordan.pacific.net.hk>
- Reply-to: email@example.com
- In-reply-to: Your message of Sun, 16 Jan 2000 07:13:11 PST
The problem was fixed, it was caused by one of our mail server was
blocked. You may resend the mail again, sorry for any inconvenience
Customer Service Department
Pacific Supernet LTD.
> Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 07:13:11 -0800
> From: mcppala <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> To : email@example.com
> Dear List Administrator,
> I've received the following response when I sent a mail to one of your list "debian-chinese@lists.
> debian.org". It seems that your site has identified PacificNet as a "spammer". Because of this, I'
> ve to send you mail from another server to raise my complain.
> Hong Kong PacificNet is one of the biggest ISP in Hong Kong. It has thousands of users registered
> and it's very unlikely the company would involve themselves in spamming activities.
> I'm just a normal users of PacificNet. I'm very concerned whether you've justify your decision. Ha
> ve you ever sent mail to the administrator of PacificNet and letting them know before making the d
> I understand it's possible that there'd be some misbehaved users would regularly sending out spamm
> ing messages from this server. It's reasonable to ban such users individually, but banning a whole
> company is way too much.
> For me, I'm a regular user who only sent mail to your list twice, and being banned from sending ag
> ain for no reason. Would it be fair for a innocent users being banned for nothing?
> I cannot not speak for PacificNet, but I believed they'd consider banning their servers without le
> tting them know is very unreasonable.
> I'm looking forward to your reply. Thanks a lot.
> Date sent: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 19:03:49 +0800 (HKT)
> From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <MAILER-DAEMON@cwb.pacific.net.hk>
> To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Subject: Returned mail: User unknown
> The original message was received at Sun, 16 Jan 2000 19:03:46 +0800 (HKT)
> from kwaifong.pacific.net.hk [220.127.116.11]
> ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
> ----- Transcript of session follows -----
> ... while talking to murphy.debian.org.:
> >>> RCPT To:<email@example.com>
> <<< 550- Mail Rejected.
> <<< 550- Your host's name "cwb.pacific.net.hk"
> <<< 550- or its IP address "18.104.22.168"
> <<< 550- corresponds to an internet site that has been
> <<< 550- unsuccessful in preventing its customers from
> <<< 550- sending e-mail "spam". The administration of
> <<< 550- this site has chosen to block all e-mail from
> <<< 550- suspected "spammers". Please refer this to your
> <<< 550- system manager.
> <<< 550-
> <<< 550- If you are indeed sending unsolicited e-mail
> <<< 550- advertising, please remove all addresses at this
> <<< 550- site from your mailing list, and please make
> <<< 550- sure that addresses at this site will not be
> <<< 550- added to your mailing list again in the future.
> <<< 550-
> <<< 550- Please have your system manager contact Debian
> <<< 550- at if he or she feels your site
> <<< 550- was unjustly blocked from mail delivery.
> <<< 550
> 550 <firstname.lastname@example.org>... User unknown
> Do you do Linux? :)
> Get your FREE @linuxstart.com email address at: http://www.linuxstart.com