Linux Journal (fwd)

This is looking good folks. When I wrote to LJ asking about
advertising rates, I asked if it was possible for us to get
a discount. I explained that we would understand if this couldn't
be done (for the reasons she mentions below). Her response
was much more positive than I imagined.

What we need now is for someone to volunteer to do the work they
ask. The one proviso is that if we agree to do this, the work
HAS to be done in a timely manner or our reputation with them
will be destroyed. Igor has mentioned to me (on IRC) that he
can probably do it, but I'm sure he wouldn't mind someone else
doing it or at least a helper so don't be shy.

I have written back to her asking what the rate is for 1/2 and
1/4 page ads. It can't hurt to know what this is worth.

Also, I asked for information on what format they want for
submissions. If anyone has ideas for the ad, please start a
new thread and let's get working on it!

Jay Treacy