Re: Question about contributing to debian financially.

On Wed, Nov 16, 2022 at 08:35:01AM -0500, Zeke Williams wrote:
I have an additional question for if I were to hire someone personally
to maintain certain debian packages. What happens with the security
team if a package has no maintainer and a security vulnerability is
found? Does the security team recompile the package with the patch
even if there is no maintainer?

Yes.

Is it more difficult to get involved with the security team or maintainers team?

If by "getting involved" you mean joining, as oppose to interacting
with, the security team is much more difficult than "maintainers team"
which I take to mean any package maintainer.

--
Please do not CC me for listmail.

👱🏻	Jonathan Dowland
✎	 jmtd@debian.org