Re: Question about contributing to debian financially.

On Tue, 2022-11-15 at 12:22 -0600, Gunnar Wolf wrote:

> Debian is defined –and proud– to be a volunteer-based project,
> that is, we don't hire and have never hired people to do our work,
> technical or otherwise.

The only exception thus far has been Outreachy internships.

https://www.debian.org/donations

https://lists.debian.org/debian-jobs/
https://lists.debian.org/debian-consultants/
https://www.debian.org/consultants/
https://www.fossjobs.net/
https://github.com/fossjobs/fossjobs/wiki/resources

> There are many cases of individuals and compaines donating to Debian
> in both ways; perhaps the most visible is the Freexian's "Long Term
> Support" for Debian releases.

https://wiki.debian.org/LTS
https://wiki.debian.org/LTS/Funding
https://wiki.debian.org/LTS/Team

Freexian is also funding general Debian development:

https://salsa.debian.org/debian/grow-your-ideas
https://freexian-team.pages.debian.net/project-funding/
https://salsa.debian.org/freexian-team/project-funding

--