Re: The old refcard for Buster

On Thu, Apr 28, 2022 at 07:33:15PM +0000, Adrian Richard Adams, Ph.D. wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I would just like to ask something regarding the old version of the refcard for Debian 10 (Buster).

If I understood correctly, you are looking for the package
debian-refcard in Buster, which is here:

  https://packages.debian.org/buster/debian-refcard

How I found out:

 - "this might well have been made into a package" me says
 - apt search refcard
 - result is debian-refcard, but my distro is already bullseye
 - so I go to https://packages.debian.org/ and enter there
   into the form the keyword "refcard", and as "Distribution"
   "oldstable" (i .e. Buster). I make sure that "Search on"
   is set to "Package names only" (which is the default)
 - this leads me to the package URL.

If you have a running Buster instance somewhere, that path is
shorter, of course.

As for what you are allowed to do -- there's a copyright file
in there. This is Debian, so it'll be a free copyright, but
have a look anyway.

Enjoy
--
tomás