Re: Banning Norbert Preining from planet.d.o

On Wed, Mar 23, 2022 at 03:45:50PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> Norbert was banned from Debian by the people who are delegated to make
> that decision. He was banned from contributing to, and communicating
> with, Debian.

It was pointed out to me (by multiple people) that the last part of this
paragraph was incorrect. My apologies for an honest mistake; I believed
that he had been banned as such, but that understanding appears to be
wrong.

The rest of my message stands, however; I think if we throw someone out
for cause, that that is enough reason by itself to also remove them from
Planet. Whether that applies in this case, where there wasn't a full ban
but "only" a demotion to DM, isn't something I want to make a statement
on.

--
     w@uter.{be,co.za}
wouter@{grep.be,fosdem.org,debian.org}