Re: Banning Norbert Preining from planet.d.o

I was indeed missing the background. As I understand, it all happened
on -private, which I can't read. I actually learned about Norbert's
demotion from DD to DM (which would leave him able to post on Planet)
from a message on -publicity a few weeks ago, and I was completely
unaware that he had been "banned from contributing to, and
communicating with, Debian". In fact, I now read that in another
message in this thread, Joerg has pointed out that this claim of yours
isn't true, and as I read his words, Norbert was and is still a DM.

In the same message, Joerg also reported that a Planet Admin has
confirmed Norbert's removal from Planet. This addresses the concern I
was having. Well, in fact, I would have liked if Jonathan acknowledged
that he shouldn't have acted on his own (Rule 6 actually doesn't state
who is empowered to enforce removals, and I believe that the sensible
interpretation is that it should be left to admins to decide what does
or doesn't violate the community standards, letting any single DD do
that is a recipe for flamewars), but he seems still convinced that he
was right to do so. I disagree, but don't want to start an argument,
so I'll just state it and leave it as that.

Gerardo