Re: Banning Norbert Preining from planet.d.o

Adam Borowski <kilobyte@angband.pl> writes:

> On Wed, Mar 23, 2022 at 08:38:02AM +0200, Jonathan Carter wrote:
>> > Can we delete him from planet?
>>
>> Any DD can do that... oh wait that includes me... done!
>
> I went bold and reverted this removal;

If you think Jonathan got it wrong, try persuading enough of the rest of
us to your view, and then if you were to succeed, the change will be
trivial to revert.

FWIW I don't remember being glad to have read anything by Norbert for a
very long time, but I've probably trained myself to skip past his posts,
so I could probably pretend that he's harmless if I really tried.

However it seems pretty clear that his behaviour does hurt others, and I
do care about that, and I cannot see what benefit is supposed to somehow
offset that harm in order to justify him remaining on Planet.

I note that nobody in this discussion so far has tried to argue that
we'll somehow be poorer for being less exposed to his writings, but only
that some procedure might not have been followed properly.

Cheers, Phil.

P.S. the resort to an argument about procedure does seem very
reminiscent of the recently referenced wartime sabotage manual.