Re: Creating a Debian Spending proposals and discussion mailing list

On Mon, 19 Apr 2021, Phil Morrell wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 06, 2021 at 10:14:50PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > We could have a "debian/spending-ideas" if you want so that all DD have
> > write access by default. We could restrict access to issues for project
> > members (that automatically includes all DD + selected non-DD directly
> > added to the project).
>
> Understood, I'm happy to organise it that way too if folks would prefer.

Kentaro Hayashi already started something in this direction after having
read this discussion: https://salsa.debian.org/debian/grow-your-ideas

You might want to work together. I saw his announce on planet Debian but
AFAIK he never mentioned it in this thread:
https://kenhys.hatenablog.jp/entry/2021/04/10/221301

It should be more widely announced, at least with a "Developer News":
https://wiki.debian.org/DeveloperNews

> It just *seems to me* that the email workflow of seconds and inline
> quoting is less structured and very familiar to DDs for fleshing out an
> idea, perhaps augmented with an ad-hoc jitsi call.

I don't think that a gitlab issue is much more structured. It's still
quite readable and works well by email as well.

As far as I am concerned, I think we are way too much email centric and we
are missing out on opportunities to retain new contributors due to this
but I digress...

Cheers,
--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀   Raphaël Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org>