Re: DEP-16 Confidential votes

Hi zigo,

On Sun, Apr 18, 2021 at 6:16 PM Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> wrote:

I'd be very much for leaving the decision of open/close to our
secretary, with most votes open, and the possibility for him to decide
when it should be closed. I trust Kurt to do the right thing whenever a
vote (like the RMS GR) needs to be closed. Otherwise, I very much prefer
if most votes were staying open.

Note that the RMS GR was, in fact, open. :)

I respect Kurt's interpretation of the constitution and the reluctance to single-handedly interpret vague sections. I personally believe that "lists all the votes cast" (4.2.3) should be interpreted to mean "lists by hash" or another non-personally-identifying means. Perhaps that will need to be clarified in the constitution, one way or the other, in the future. My point is that Kurt's interpretation (as I understand it) is that all non-DPL votes are open. So I don't believe that Kurt would ever make the decision to have a confidential non-DPL vote. Kurt: please correct me if I misunderstand you!

-Olek